Trust & Estate Planning Services
Regardless of where you are in life, you have the ability – right now – to provide for the future of loved ones and leave no doubt about your wishes. Everything you own and value that can be passed on is your estate. With an estate plan, the assets you have accumulated during your lifetime will be protected and properly managed and dispersed according to your goals. At Schraff Thomas Law, the dedication behind our work is to ensure your personal, business, tax, and charitable goals are achieved by reducing or eliminating uncertainties over probate and trust administration probate. No matter how young or old you are, let’s start planning today so that your assets will be preserved for you and future generations.
When Is the Best Time to Create an Estate Plan?
It’s never too late to create an estate plan, but it is advantageous to work with an experienced trust and estate attorney to build your estate plan while you are of sound mind and body. This will ensure your decisions are clear and not affected by disability, dementia, and even death.
Who Benefits from Trust & Estate Planning Services?
The short answer: Everyone.
If you think you’re too young to establish an estate or trust plan, then we challenge you to think of estate plans from this perspective: You’re a new parent, or you have a young family, or you’ve just started a business. What would happen if you died or became disabled? Who would make important decisions on your behalf? Who would care for your children?
No one wants to think about this, but it is a necessity to guarantee minor children have guardians, property is properly distributed after death, a business is transferred to the rightful new owners, there are no probate delays, and much more.
We work with individuals and families in Northeast Ohio, including:
- Young individuals who are starting a family, or have recently become business owners
- Individuals who want to prepare for their future and the future of their loved ones
- Individuals who are planning for retirement, including individuals who are looking for expertise to reach retirement goals
- Individuals who have experienced long-term, health-related issues
- Individuals who seek asset protection
- Individuals who are seeking help for their elderly parents or who have recently received an inheritance
Advanced Planning is Key: How our Estate Planning Law Firm Helps You Protect Your Legacy
Always taking a personalized approach to every client’s estate plan, our team of experienced trust and estate attorneys will help you build an estate plan that will effectively advocate, secure, and protect everything from your family, medical care, finances, and more.
We manage all types of estates and offer our expert legal advice to ensure you:
- Control how your assets are distributed after your death
- Are protected with a plan in the event you become incapacitated
- Have support through any elder law issue; and
- Avoid the probate process.
Your plan should be comprehensive and may include various estate planning documents such as:
- Marital Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Probate Avoidance Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- QTIP Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Last Wills and Testaments
- Living Will Declarations
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney
- Medicaid & Estate Tax Planning
Trust and Estate Planning Attorneys in Cleveland & Northeast Ohio
Estate plans impact our clients’ lives. Whether you have a small or large estate, simple or complex, we look forward to working with you to build an estate plan that uniquely meets your specific needs and ensures your decisions about your property, medical care, and more. We are here to answer your questions and to help you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Contact us to schedule a virtual or in-person consultation at one of our three greater Cleveland, OH law offices.